WE ARE OPEN FOR SUBMISSIONS!
PlotForge periodically accepts direct submissions from writers. If you wish to have your work considered by PlotForge during one of those periods, please follow these instructions:
What we are and are not seeking:
- We will only consider only full-length (i.e., over 70,000 words) novels. We do not accept short stories, novellas, anthologies, or non-fiction.
- We will consider works in most genres as well as literary or near-literary works. We do not publish romance (plenty of other great small presses for that) or experimental fiction.
- To be published by PlotForge, works must have good pacing and tension, and be well written. Good plotting is a must.
- We will consider, on a case-by-case basis, previously self-published works if it meets our other criteria and has not been widely distributed.
How and What to submit:
- Email our acquisition editor, Suzanne @ PlotForge.com.
- In the email, provide a short pitch for your work, the word-count of the work, how it meets the criteria above, and any other works of yours that are currently published.
- Attach a .pdf of approximately the first thirty pages.
What to expect:
- We intend to get back to you. Sometimes, things slip through the cracks. If you haven’t heard back from us in a month, feel free to send another email to prod us along.